What to do with your unneeded stuff
– Online, local classified ads
– Online marketplace to sell just about anything
- Part of eBay, but focuses solely on the sale of books, CDs, and DVDs. The inventory system allows you to list items based on UPC code and immediately see for how much others are selling the same item.
- They will buy back certain books for site credit.
- Online consignment shop for women’s and children’s items.
- Online auction site, sell online, customers pickup from your home
- A collection of local groups who give and get stuff free in their own towns. Using an email distribution list, members post items they are giving away. The organization is nonprofit and strives to keep worthy items out of landfills.
~These charities have donation drop off locations:
Dress For Success
– provides clothing to women returning to the workforce
– Local thrift stores
- Eye Glasses
~These charities will pick up donations at your home:
Vietnam Veterans of America
Military Order of the Purple Heart
Lupus Foundation of America
The Salvation Army
Natural Resources Defense Council
Dispose My Meds
Stopping junk at the source
DMA Choice – reference site for getting off postal mailing lists
US Do Not Call registry
Donation monetary value
US IRS tax deductions website
Good Will Donation Valuation Guide
Salvation Army Donation Value Guide
What are your collectibles worth?
Online resources and price guides can give you a general idea if your collectibles have any monetary valuable, or are mainly sentimental in value. If you have something potentially valuable, then you can seek out an expert opinion.
Kovels – General Antiques
Beckett – Sports and Collectibles
Replacements – Online buyer and seller of china, crystal, silver and collectibles.
PCGS – Price guide for coins
Whitman – Price guide for coins
Collectors Corner – Marketplace for coins, currency, cards and stamps.
Where to get organizing ideas?
Pinterest.com – A social media site where users post pictures and videos of their hobbies and interests.
Real Simple – A monthly home and lifestyle magazine and website that features decorating and organizing ideas and tips.
Getting Organized Magazine – An online source for organizing ideas.
HGTV – Cable television channel and associated website focused on home and garden design. Features shows and articles on organizing.
Finding a Professional Organizer
National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO)
Find My Organizer
Your local Chamber of Commerce
Back to Home Page